miercuri, 29 ianuarie 2014

Top 5 Wednesday - Oh, this looks nice!







Once again, here I am... 

Blah blah blah behind these hazel eyes I don't have!

 Untitled 

...and we make tops, because we're cool like that.

Okay, so Top 5 Wednesday was initially a booktube thing, created by Lainey, over to Gingerreadslainey, and was converted into this blog format we are all enjoying by Pzikke over to Pete de Violet. Basically, every Wednesday, we post a top five composed by books that fit into a certain category. This week's theme is Accidental Books.


Now, I don't know about you, but the best books I've read were, at the time, poor accidental picks. That being said, prepare yourself for this:

The Mystery of the Blue Train: A Hercule Poirot Mystery5. The Mysterey of the Blue Train

At 12 I had no idea who this woman Agatha Christie was. 
Now, almost 7 years and 37 books later, I am all like: "Did someone say Agatha Christie? Oh, have you read...?"
 Seriously speaking, her mysteries are the best. It's not even the way she writes, but what she writes. Yeah, if you can guess who the murderer is you're officially smarter than me and I'm not even ashamed to admit it. Or maybe you just pay more attention.



Jamrach's Menagerie4. Jamrach's Menagerie

Poor impulse buy, but man, this book practically smashed me to pieces. I want more people to love this, I feel like it's way underdog. 

So, pretty please, mister or miss, let it break your heart and crush your soul.





The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next, #1)
3. The Eyre Affair

So we have a world where literature is a mondial obsession, where you can work as a literary detective, where your name can be Thursday and where you get to change the ending of Jane Eyre?

What the hell, I'm moving there as soon as the Crimean War ends. Bye bye.




Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam Trilogy, #1)
2. Oryx and Crake

I have never read anything that is even close to this in the twisted factor.

Freaky animals? Checked. 
Strange, fascinating characters? Checked.
Genius deciding to play God? Checked.
I will never look at a piece of chicken the same way again? Checked.

Seriously, why haven't you read this already?


The Blind Assassin
1.The Blind Assassin

I avoid doing this kind of statements. I honestly feel like avoiding them is a lot like dodging a bullet. 

But this might just be the best book I have ever read. And I don't even like this genre usually. Even so, this book is amazing and heart-wrenching, and I love it. And I can't find my words to describe it.

The Blind Assassin is just on another level and everything in it it's perfection.


That was it. So, what were your best accidental picks?

21 de comentarii:

  1. Sunt un pic ofticata pentru ca eu n-am citit nimic din ce ai citit tu :o3 Dar sunt de acord cu ce ai spus despre Agatha Christie. E un geniu <3

    RăspundețiȘtergere